Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Good night from port au prince.
Feels like it has been a week already, can't believe this is only my second night. Met some more people today at the camp, everyone is so nice and relatively relaxed. There is a Psychiatrist and a social worker here with the military, and they are definitely busy. i am exhausted, so I can't imagine what the doctors feel like. We are all kind of slurring our words and mispronouncing our own names. Nothing has sunk in yet, at least not for me. Right now I am exhilarated at the thought of the people we are helping, still haven't had time to think about those we aren't. I know it will kick in sooner or later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reporting. Needless to say, after a week Haiti isn't the top of the news anymore.
    As the Dr. said, saving one life is like saving a world.

    ReplyDelete